Efferem is the President and Founder of Knotacess Neckwear Branding, Inc. , a custom designed neckwear branding company. In 2007, Efferem had a desire to give back to his community by creating a program for young underserved men in Jacksonville, FL. As a seasoned entrepreneur and business leader with over 25 years of experience, Efferem founded Knots4Kids, Inc. His vision started with a desire to show young men how to tie a necktie. However, after realizing the challenges thereof, he started bringing a group of professional mentors with diverse backgrounds to share their experiences and talents to help young men navigate their lives in a journey from boyhood to manhood.
Efferem currently serves or served in capacity as:
- UF Health Administrator in the Department of Pathology
- Executive Board Member and Secretary of SIATech Charter Schools
- President of Jacksonville's University Club Young Executives
- Charter member and former Executive Vice President of the National Association of African Americans in Human Resources (NAAAHR) Jacksonville Chapter
- Member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Board member at UF Health Jacksonville Diversity Council
- Board member with Jacksonville's Urban League
- Co-Founder and Vice President of the Florida Operations of The Black Foundation, an organization that focuses on educating, empowering, and preserving Historically Black Colleges (www.theblackfoundation.org).
He holds a bachelor's degree in Health Administration and minor in Business Administration from Knoxville College in Knoxville, Tennessee. He also is a Green Belt in Six Sigma with certifications in Project Management and DMAIC from Florida's Sterling Council.
Efferem was born and raised in Charleston, South Carolina and currently resides in Jacksonville, Florida since 1999 as the father of two wonderful children.